Get your curls prom ready fast with these tips from Lorraine Massey.
Curly hair can be prom ready in a cinch. In fact, with just a few twists and turns, you can have fresh prom curls for this special day without spending a lot of time, money or effort. Here are some of our favorites from Lorraine Massey, author of Curly Girl: The Handbook.
The Twist Up
This is an easy, elegant way to give hair a lift – especially perfect for warm spring or summer nights — and it works well with both long or shoulder-length curls.
- Pull all your hair together at the back of your neck as if you were going to put it in a low ponytail.
- Gently twist your hair, directing it upward toward your crown as you twist.
- When you’ve twisted your hair as much as you can, hold it in place with one hand while you using your other hand to slide bobby pins into the crease formed by the twisted hair against your head.
- If you have shorter hairs that frame your face and want a softer look, take a few of those curls out before beginning The Twist Up.
- For a fancier look, use bobby pins decorated with gems, rhinestones, pearls or other pretty goodies.