Get your curls prom ready fast with these tips from Lorraine Massey.
This hair style is a fun and funky look that gives you two completely different textures of hair — sleek on top and an explosion of lively curls in the back. As a result, this style allows your curls to be the star of the show.
Before you start:
- Make sure hair is totally dry so you can get more of the bigness out of the curly part, which is what you want for this look.
- Fill a spray bottle with ¼ cup of an alcohol-free, silicone-free gel and ¾ cup of spring water.
To get the look:
- Spritz the top, front section of hair with the gel/water mixture and then slick hair back by grazing it gently with your hands.
- Gather hair at the center back of the head in a medium to high ponytail.
- Use a fabric or cloth covered ponytail holder to tie the gathered hair back into a ponytail. Fabric or cloth covered ponytail holders are less damaging than elastic or rubber bands.
- Take the curls that are coming out of the ponytail and lightly piece them open with your fingers to create a big explosion of curls coming out of your ponytail.
- To cover the ponytail holder, take a piece of hair that’s coming out of the right side of ponytail and lift it out to the side.
- Bring that piece of hair underneath your ponytail and out to the left side of your ponytail. Then wrap it around your ponytail holder to hide it.