Try this simple no-fuss braid for fall from John Frieda Salon stylist Nicole Pascaul.
Getting back into the swing of things is always hard when fall rolls around, so why not have create an effortless hairstyle as you make the trek back to the office? For an easy fall look, Nicole Pascaul, master stylist at Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon in LA, suggests working braids for a painless yet trendy look.
Nicole began her career at Warren-Tricomi Los Angeles where she was exposed to Hollywood's up-and-coming. Because of her innate talent and dedication to the beauty and movement of hair, her expertise for cutting and styling led her to Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon in LA where she makes her home today. Nicole's fashion-forward eye and her "more about you, less about me" credo enables her to intuitively bring out the beauty she see's within each person who sits in her chair.
The messy French, mini braids, and waterfall braids will get your interweaving affair taken care of, but Nicole recommends the undone fish tail braid for this fall’s laidback look. This braid emulates bohemian chic, as opposed to traditional “school girl."
Nicole's Quick Grown-Up Braid Fix
- Section it out. Divide second-day or bed-head hair into two sections down the middle of your head. Don't worry if some hair feathers out or does not reach. This will create an undone feel.
- Start criss-crossing. Take a thin strand of hair from the outer edge of the right section, crossing it over to combine with the inside edge of the left section.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat. Repeat with the other side; take a thin strand of hair from the outer edge of the left section, crossing it over to combine with the right section.
- A happy ending. Repeat until braid reaches the desired length, or you reach the ends of your hair. Secure with a simple hair elastic or a playful accessory.
- Dirty it up (optional). To add a more tousled, undone edge, lightly coat your fingers with a matte pomade or spray wax. This will help "dirty up" the hair as you work and create a perfect finish.
See hundreds of user submitted braid photos and comment on your favorites!
You Tell Us!
What fall hairstyles are you using for work, school and play?