One downside to doing a wash and go is that you have no control over how much your hair naturally shrinks. You can combat this by elongating your curls during a wash and go without stretching them.
What You'll Need:
- Water (in a spray bottle)
- A concentrator nozzle for your blow dryer (along with the actual blow dryer)
- Sealant oil
- Aloe Vera Gel (unless you have something else you prefer to use when you do a wash ‘n go)
What To Do:
- Moisturize your dry hair with your favorite moisturizer.
- Apply the sealant to your hair, making sure to get full coverage, to trap in the moisture.
- Apply Aloe Vera Gel or a curl-defining cream of your choice.
- Spritz your hair with water to reset the curls as too much handling can cause frizz.
- Without touching your curls, shake your head of curls vigorously so they’ll fall back into place naturally.
- Apply a heat protectant to the roots of your hair to protect those roots against heat from the dryer.
- Separate a section of your hair and begin blowing your hair at the roots, gently pulling your hair to focus on that one specific area. Take your time and focus on only drying the roots.
- Focusing on your hair only, and avoiding your roots, spritz with water or a moisturizing spray one last time. Then give it one last good shake!
Stretch Your Wash and Go in 10 Minutes
See more Videos
Get more tips and tricks for your curls, coils and waves on NaturallyCurly’s YouTube channel.