Learn how to get loose, beachy waves from Aveda's lead stylist.
Aveda lead stylist, Antoinette Beenders created long, alluring wavy hairstyles at the Christian Siriano Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week show. The hair captured the same energy as the collection's muse: a smart, flirtatious girl with captivating charm."The hair for Christian Siriano this season is playful and looks effortless." said Beenders. "We've updated the loose, beachy waves of the 90s with a more groomed look that's smart, young and approachable. I was inspired by Christian’s muse for this collection: a charming, smart girl who radiates happiness. The hair is super wearable and reflects her flirty, yet clever nature. It’s fun, fresh and modern — just like the collection.”
How You Can Get the Look
- Dampen hair at the root with Aveda Volumizing Tonic and blow dry with a large round brush to create natural volume. For added lift, use Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray as a setting lotion while blow-drying by lightly misting the hair.
- Use a one-and-a-half-inch barrel curling iron to curl one-inch sections of hair away from the face until all hair is curled. Rake with fingers to loosen.
- Flip hair upside down and gently brush curls through using a hair brush.
- Flip hair back up. Create a deep side part and gently smooth out the top of hair using a comb, maintaining volume at the part.
- Spray a makeup brush with Aveda Brilliant Spray-On Shine and stroke the brush over hair from roots to ends to give a healthy shine. Keep style in place and protect against humidity with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
Browse all Aveda hair products reviews from users just like you, and find your miracle product!
Loose beachy waves are perfect and easily attainable wavy hairstyles for 2A to 3B hair types. Always remember, though, to protect hair from excessive heat styling by deep conditioning once a week!
What do YOU do to keep your beach curls healthy?