Take your curls for a style spin with these sleek and simple twists.
All Twisted Up
This style is an adaptation of a chignon, just a little more curl friendly! Sometimes you may not want all of your curls hanging loose, so what better way to still show them off? Add an extra touch of elegance to your hairstyle collection with this simple updo.
- Bobby pins are your friends when creating this curly twist style. The beauty of this look is that you can place your ringlets where you want them. Use as many bobby pins as needed.
- A little messy is okay! This style is very forgiving and won’t require spending hours to sculpt. Your natural curls, with a bit of a holding product, are the stars of this style! Remember, you still want a bit of playfulness with your curls.
- Type 2 (Wavy): Start this style by adding volume throughout your hair. Try AG Foam Weightless Volumizer to give your hair shape and body, while keeping the strands smooth and shiny. Work it through your hair from root to tip, then use a diffuser to set the curls.
- Type 3 (Curly): Try twisting your hair in several medium to large twists to create looser, wavier curls. Using a good detangler/leave-in conditioner is critical to pulling off this tousled style. Kinky Curly Knot Today is an excellent choice since it will moisturize your strands and create a smooth base for your twists.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Twist hairstyles like this work better if you dry twisting your hair into several chunky twists first. Using an oil-based product to twist, like Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love, will give you shine and definition. When you release the twists, just pin the curls where you like.
Tip - Since this is not a very structured style, it may not last more than a day or two. The beauty is in the ease and simplicity of pinning the curls off of the face and neck. Even if you take the style down, sleeping on a satin pillowcase will keep the curls from being crushed and make it a bit easier to restyle the next morning.