Take your curls for a style spin with these sleek and simple twists.
This look can be easily adapted in a multitude of ways, and is a simple and classy style that works for all hair types. The twisted front section adds a touch of whimsy, and you can play with different variations of the ponytail to suit your taste.
- It’s all in the front. A sleek flat twist across the front of this style sets it apart from just any regular ponytail. Starting with a side part and a medium section of hair, gently twist the section, grabbing hair from the crown to make the flat twist.
- This is a sleek look, so make sure you keep the twist low profile. Finish the twist behind your ear and use a couple of bobby pins to secure. Sweep the remainder of your hair into a ponytail holder and allow the hair to fall as it may.
- Type 2 (Wavy): Attain your best look when starting with clean hair, diffusing to add maximum volume and using clips at the root of your hair for extra lift. Using a mousse product will help your curls to stay in place, just remember not to disturb the curls too much.
- Type 3 (Curly): You may find this style easier to complete on damp hair. Using a light moisturizer like Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Crème Lite will enhance the curls and help tame the frizzies without weighing the hair down. Add a bit more product to the ends to keep them nice and moisturized.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Achieve this style by transforming older twist hairstyles. Once the front twist and ponytail are in place, you may section the ponytail into 3 or 4 large twists, using a creamy moisturizing product like Karen’s Body Beautiful Creamylicious. This will add shine to the curls, lock in moisture, and once the twists are released you’ll have soft, cascading twists.
Looking for more curly twist hairstyles? Check out browse thousands of photos of curly hairstyles and get inspiration for your next 'do!