Quick and easy wavy hairstyles to help you get out the door.
The Quick Bump
I find this is a great way to still show off your waves while adding a slightly elegant element to wavy hairstyles. This is also an easy way to make your second day waves interesting and hide any bed-head frizz!
- Style hair as you normally would, scrunching hair product in your waves, or however you achieve your best waves. If you are using this style for on second day hair, scrunch in some rose oil (amazing for type 2 waves!) to help eliminate the frizz and add softness.
- Grab two small pieces of hair from the front of your face. It’s important not to grab too much hair otherwise your bump will get all the attention, not you.
- Pull these two pieces over your head and smooth them out with a comb so that you cannot see your hair part. Be careful not to touch the rest of your hair with the comb! Combing equals frizz unless you are creating a style so always remember wavy rule number one: no brushing!
- Still holding your hair, pull it tight over your head and then push it forward so that the piece you are holding creates a small bump, small being the keyword here.
- Once you've got your bump, secure it with two bobby pins. Insert them at the top of your head and create an X to ensure that your bump holds.
- Mist your hair with hairspray, concentrating on your bump. Re-scrunch the rest of your hair, making sure the front strands are especially wavy. If needed, quickly touch it up with a curling iron, or wet the strands and reapply product. Be sure that if you choose to wet your hair to get the waves to re-wave, that you are using shampoos and conditioners that contain water-soluble ingredients. In other words, avoid silicones!
This wavy hairstyle should look effortless, because it is! It literally takes about five minutes to do and then you rout of bed and looking classy without much effort. Tres chic!