Spend your time getting through your to-do list instead of on your hair.
This look is hot this season! Sort of like a bun, the top knot is casual enough to wear when you stay at home, but fabulous enough to take you through a night on the town! If you decide to venture out of the house, this effortless style can be created in minimal steps and have you ready for the world
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail, then split it into three or four sections. Twist each section separately, then wrap each piece around the base of the ponytail. Use bobby pins to secure.
- Add your own flavor once the knot is secured. You can use a headband to hold the hair back, and if you need, add a bit of gel to slick down your edges. Or you can use your satin scarf to tie your hair down which will keep this style sleek throughout the day.
- Type 2 (Wavy): A paste or molding type product may work well to keep your hair slick while in this top knot. Apply Original Moxie Hair Bling High Shine Pomade to your edges and ends to keep them smooth.
- Type 3 (Curly): Apply your favorite styling product to your hair prior to pulling your hair into the ponytail. Darcy’s Botanicals Organic Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding will add moisture and aid with creating this sleek style.
- Type 4 (Kinky): You may want to two strand twist each section before wrapping it. A product like MyHoneyChild Twist Out Crème will nourish your tresses and can be used to smooth your edges down.
Tips – You can keep going all day without giving your curly hair style a second thought. An alternative to jazz up this style is by throwing on a cute scarf or wrap. This fancy free look can be maintained for a few days by utilizing your satin scarf at night.
This entry was posted on Monday, November 28th, 2011 at 4:03 pm and is filed under hairstyles. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.