The twist and curl has become such a popular style among type 4 Coilies. With a twist and curl you can produce anything from defined frizz-free curls to a fluffy, curly fro. For tips on how to achieve your ideal twist and curl look, read on and watch as Evelyn tests out the new Paul Mitchell Curls line on a twist and curl of her own.
- Do a deep treatment to prepare your hair before shampooing.
- Wash your hair in sections to reduce tangling and re-twist each section after washing. Massage Curls Spring Loaded Detangling Shampoo into your scalp and smooth through the length of your hair, then rinse.
- Smooth the Full Circle Leave-in Treatment through your hair, working in sections.
- Apply Twirl Around Crunch-Free Curl Definer to your hair in sections. Divide the section you are working with into more manageable sections, and then two-strand twist these smaller sections.
- Wrap the end of each twist around a curler. Use bobby pins to pin down your roots if they are puffy.
- Tie a satin scarf around the edge of of your hair to keep your edges smooth.
- Let your hair dry overnight or sit under the dryer.
- When your hair is completely dry, remove the curlers and undo the twists. Then, separate the twists, fluffing at your roots to shape your hair and hide the parts.
Twist & Curl Tutorial w/ Paul Mitchell CURLS line
By: Evelyn 4B/4C
See more Videos
Get more tips and tricks for your curls, coils and waves on NaturallyCurly’s YouTube channel.
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 8th, 2012 at 6:00 pm and is filed under Care Methods, hairstyles, Kinky Hair (Type 4a), Kinky Hair (Type 4b), Kinky Hair (Type 4c), Products. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.