Give the Ayurvedic lifestyle a try to look and feel your best.
How to try an Ayurvedic lifestyle
The Ayurvedic principles for restoring and maintaining mind-body balance are as relevant today as they were thousands of years ago:
- Take time each day to quiet your mind (find a quiet place and learn how to meditate).
- Eat a colorful, flavorful diet.
- Engage in daily exercise that enhances flexibility, strength, and cardiovascular fitness.
- Sleep soundly at night for 8 to ten hours.
- Eliminate what is not serving you (foods, unhealthy relationships, etc.)
- Cultivate loving, nurturing relationships.
- Perform work that awakens your passion.
Ayurveda for your hair
In order for your hair to benefit from Ayurvedic treatments, your body must be treated just as kindly. A wholesome mix of natural foods, water and nutrients , as well as quality sleep and physical activity, will benefit you internally, and externally. When your diet becomes a healthier, more wholesome, one, your skin and hair will begin to reap the benefits as well. Here are a few ideas and tips to include in your healthy ayurvedic habits for your hair.
What you'll need:
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 3-4 rosehips
- raw sugar or honey to taste
A warm oil scalp massage two times a week will help stimulate and moisturize the scalp. Use quality coconut, almond or olive oil. Apply some mildly warmed oil to your hair and gently massage into your scalp evenly with your fingertips. Leave on overnight if you can, if not, leave on for at least an hour or two, then , shampoo your hair. The scalp massage helps you relax and aids in a sound sleep as well.
Ayurvedic Hair Pack
1 teaspoon henna powder
1 teaspoon amla powder
1 tsp aritha powder
1 tsp shikakai powder
2 tablespoons yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh aloe vera gel
Mix the ingredients together thoroughly and apply to dry hair for 30 minutes, and/or, up to 4 hours. Wash off in the shower and shampoo as usual. Do this regularly- once or twice a week- to experience amazing hair protective results.