I need help fixing it
Dear CurlySuzy: I can't decide what type of curls I have. My hair is shoulder-length, processed and medium to course in texture. Areas of my hair have ringlets and others larger curls. If left alone with no product it is a frizz machine. With product I can make it look ok until I recently had it highlighted. Here is the issue. Now I am REALLY, REALLY dry. It gets in tiny knots, it doesn't look smooth on the ends, and I can even see split ends. I need product advice to get my hair back in condition.
Dear Aimee: The answer is deep conditioning! Once a week for 30 minutes with heat. Follow with a cool rinse. That should really make a world of difference. Also use a sulfate-free cleanser. That will preserve your highlights and will be a lot more moisturizing. I will give you a bunch of suggestions below. I also really love Aubrey Organics HoneySuckle Rose cleanser and conditioner. (usually in health food sections of grocery stores and we will be selling it soon at CurlMart!
You might also want to think about trimming the end just a bit. Here is a link to our salon search if you need a good Curly Stylist.
- Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment
- DevaCurl Heaven in Hair
- MYHoneyChild Olive You Deep Conditioner
- Curl Junkie Hibiscus Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner
- Curlisto Deep Therapy Masque
Sulfate-free Cleansers and Favorite Conditioners
- Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner
- Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Conditioner
- I love these new Curl Junkie products
- DevaCare No Poo
- DevaCare One Condition
- good combo
- Kinky-Curly Come Clean Moisturizing Shampoo
- great cleanser
- Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
- good conditioner, great for the price, good for co-washing as well
- MOP C Curl Enhancing Shampoo
- MOP C System Hydrating Conditioner
- HPO Spa Hair Conditioner
- another good conditioner
Do you have a question for CurlySuzy? Post it below!