Going away for the weekend may seem daunting, but it doesn’t mean that curlies have to pack a lot of products to keep their hair looking stylish and incredible. In fact, just the word “weekend” should signal light packing and a quick getaway. You may be asking yourself, “How is that possible when there are so many products that need to be taken?” Well, never fear, good news abounds. “Air travel” bottles and containers can be purchased to replace some of your favorite and must have products making your bag weekend travel a breeze.
For curly hair, you will want to make the most of your products. Curly hair can be fickle, so it is essential that us curlies are prepared for anything that may arise. Most curlies need certain products to keep their locks looking good while at the same time portraying an air of ease. After all, spending time enjoying your weekend travel is more important than spending hours on end styling your hair, or looking like you did!
Try these travel beauty products out on your next weekend getaway and your curls will be the last worry on your mind.
- Shampoo It goes without saying that everyone should be taking their own shampoo anytime they travel, but for us curlies, this can also mean conditioner and an untangling product. You can combine three products into one, saving time, money, and space, by purchasing a shampoo that offers untangling and conditioning. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner is a great co-washing product to take along on your weekend trip to keep curls looking their best.
- Frizz Control No matter what curly hair type you have, make sure that your weekend travel bag includes a frizz control product. Traveling can do a number on curly hair if it is left to its own desires. There are numerous products to pick out, such as Blended Beauty Curly Frizz Pudding, but if you already have a favorite, you may find it in the perfect travel size for your bag or just use one of the small airline bottles.
- Hair Dryer Hotel blow dryers can be unreliable at best and when they do work, chances are, they are not going to work well, or worse yet, shut off in the middle of styling. We’ve all been there, so it is important to take your own blow dryer and diffuser to keep curls looking their best without frizzing and without spending hours upon hours in the hotel bathroom messing with a broken dryer. Better yet, take to the wind and let your hair air dry for a weekend. In doing this, you will eliminate the need to bring along a blow dryer and diffuser – and give your curls a heat styling vacation.
- Hair Pins Hairpins are great and will come in handy when it’s time to relax and put perfect tresses behind you. Pinning it up or pulling it back can offer the freedom to move about your weekend freely with much less “hair stress.” These items will also come in handy if you plan on going out for a night on the town and need to style an awesome up-do. Remember, though, to not pull hair too tightly as this can cause root and scalp stress.
- Straightener/ Curling Iron While curly hair may not need a curling iron there may be occasion to style hair in a different manner in which you normally wear it while you are traveling. In addition, both a hair straighener and a curling iron can help a great deal while traveling to reduce frizz and provide a style that is easily maintained during various activities. If you use a straighener often, and like the look, you can opt for a straighener that both straightens and dries at the same time, thus eliminating the need for a bulky blow dryer and diffuser. Also, be sure to pack plenty of bobby pins, hair ties and headbands. These can go a long way to dressing up your hair without requiring any heat styling.
While these products may seem like “no-brainers,” weekend travel often puts us in such a hurry that we forget to grab even the essentials. These items will ensure that curlies like us will enjoy spur of the moment weekend travel and know that our hair is looking great!