Curly hair product brands who are giving back for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Give Back, Get Product, Look Great!
- FHI Heat: GO Flat Iron
- Kenra Professional: Kenra Volume Spray 25, Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray
- Pravana: Pravana Super Shape Hair Spray, Intense Therapy Leave-In Treatment
- HairUWear: Heat-friendly wigs that look and feel like natural hair
- InfraShine: a bright pink medium or 1-inch ClassicLine MST styling iron
- Oster Professional: Pink version of the Oster Professional Classic 76 Clipper
- Ouidad: donation matching program
- Curly Hair Solutions: 8 oz. Curl Keeper product
- AG Hair: Fast Food Leave On Condition
- Miss Jessie's: Spring fundraiser
- Farouk Chi: Limited Edition Pink Flat Iron
9. FHI HeatGrab a GO at your local Regis salon, and we’ll donate $1 per iron to the Regis Foundation for Breast Cancer Research. Grab a GO at any other salon or beauty store, and we’ll donate $1 per iron to Bright Pink, which helps women with a higher risk of developing breast and/or ovarian cancer, as well as those in treatment and survivors.
10. Kenra Professional Partnerswith the rapunzel projectthe company is donating an additional $20,000 to The Rapunzel Project, bringingits total donation to date to $70,000. Kenra Professional has committed to raising an additional $230,000 for TheRapunzel Project through unique partnerships in the professional beauty industry.Another way Kenra Professional helps to support cancer awareness, as well as donation efforts, is by offeringlimited edition pink packaging for two of its best-selling products — Kenra Volume Spray 25 and Kenra Platinum Blow-Dry Spray. Sales of those products support breast cancer research, early detection, support services and more.
11. PravanaIn honor of breast cancer awareness, and in support of those who are chronically and terminally ill, the revolutionary hair care company announces two very pink promotions for the months of October. Put the finishing touches on every client’s style by picking up two of Pravana’s top-sellers - Pravana’s Super Shape Hair Spray and Intense Therapy Leave-In Treatment, packaged together in an exclusive breast cancer awareness bag. For every pink pack sold, Pravana will donate proceeds to the Beauty Bus Foundation, a nonprofit organization that brings beauty and hope into the lives of chronically and terminally ill patients and their caregivers by providing them with in-home beauty services, free of charge. The Suggested Retail is $30.
12. HairUWearHairUWear wigs are a small step towards recovery. For those undergoing cancer treatments, the aesthetic side-effects can be just as demoralizing as the physical struggle. That’s why HairUWear and style icon Raquel Welch are committed to promoting confidence among those in recovery. Together they donate approximately $1 million worth of wigs from the Raquel Welch Wig Collection to the American Cancer Society each year since 2003. Made from heat-friendly Tru2Life stylable fibers, the Raquel Welch Wig Collection can be curled or straightened with thermal styling tools for beautiful, confidence boosting results that look and feel like natural hair.
13. InfraShineFor the month of October for 2011, InfraShine will offer its most popular product with a splash of color. The InfraShine medium or 1-inch ClassicLine MST styling iron will flaunt pink plates and trim accents. All of the classic iron features the industry has come to know and trust will remain the same, just a touch of color in honor those affected by breast cancer. The Signature Pink promotion, which is in its fourth consecutive year, is designed to raise awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research to help find a cure. InfraShine Inc. and select InfraShine distributors will donate a portion of the proceeds from the sale of every Signature Pink iron to various breast cancer research organizations. To qualify for the contribution, all organizations must use at least 80% of the donation directly for breast cancer research.
14. Oster ProfessionalOster Professional will donate a portion of the proceeds from the sales of its new limited edition pink version of the Oster Professional Classic 76 Clipper sold in BSG stores nationwide to the Susan G. Komen For the Cure. The Classic 76 Clipper features AgION detachable blades, break resistant housing to hold up in the toughest salon environments and an innovative motor design that allows for easy maintenance and longer product life.
15. OuidadFortunate enough to make a full recovery, Ouidad started a crusade against breast cancer, vowing to make a difference in the lives of other women. She founded Curls for a Cure in 2005 to raise funds year-round for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Curls for a Cure is a donation program on Ouidad.com that welcomes visitors to make a donation of their choosing toward Breast Cancer research. Taking her commitment a step further, Ouidad matches any amount donated, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000! By joining forces with both clients and corporate partners, Ouidad has raised over $350,000 for BCRF to date and over $6,500 in 2011 alone. In addition, the company underwrites all of the administration costs of the program as well as the credit card discount fees on the donations. In this manner, when $10 is donated, BCRF receives a full $10. For each donation, Ouidad offers a special pink bracelet inscribed to show her gratitude.
16. Curly Hair SolutionsCurly Hair Solutions is wearing pink this October in support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and those affected by cancer. For the month of October, Curly Hair Solutions will be donating $1 from every bottle of Curl Keeper bought back to the fight against breast cancer. This includes the 3.38 ounce, 8 ounce and 33.8 ounce bottles.
17. AG HairAG Hair will be donating $0.50 for every bottle of Fast Food Leave On Condition sold during the month of October. Fast Food is perfect for all hair types and provides instant conditioning and all day protection without added weight. It nourishes, detangles and helps to prevent split ends while adding life to lifeless locks.
18. Miss Jessie'sMiss Jessie’s is an official sponsor, in tandem with BET Networks, Tiffany & Co., among others, of the Lady Luck: Vegas Casino Game Night hosted by the Young Survival Coalition, the premier global organization dedicated to the critical issues unique to young women diagnosed with breast cancer. The event is the official, annual fundraiser for In Living Pink and is hosted in New York City in the spring.
19. Farouk ChiFarouk Chi has released two new limited edition collections, decked out in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each collection contains a 1-inch flat iron, small paddle brush and a thermal mat.
Want More?Ouidad's Curls for a Cure is a year round program dedicated to raising money for breast cancer awareness and research.
So, to wrap it, October rocks. Cooler weather means less frizz for our curls, and all of these hair giveaways and donations means that come Halloween, your conscience will be fully prepared to indulge on some much needed candy. You, and all women, deserve that!
Tell us what YOU are doing for Breast Cancer Awareness Month!