Highlights and photos from the second annual Curl Pool Party in Orlando, Florida.
Top Five Summer Tips
All attendees of the Curly Pool Party took home a fantastic goodie bag filled with products from Amika, Shea Moisture, Ouidad and UR Curly as well as a tip sheet with our top tips for summertime curl care.
- Condition Before You Swim: Before getting in the pool, thoroughly wet your hair and apply a conditioner to all your curls. Your hair will absorb less of the drying chlorine or salt water and more of the nourishing conditioner while you swim, making it easier to cleanse, detangle and style once you’re finished.
- UV Protect Those Curls: Hair can’t get sunburned, but the elements can cause damage, especially to color or chemically treated hair. To help protect your curls from damaging UV rays, spritz on a leave-in conditioner before heading outdoors.
- Bye-Bye Build Up: Chlorine from the pool dehydrates and creates build-up on the hair. Use a clarifying shampoo after a dip in the pool to remove chlorine and excess product build up and make your hair more manageable.
- Deep condition in the sun: Slick your hair with a conditioner or deep treatment when you’re out at the beach or poolside,. This will help the sun to condition, rather than damage, your hair.
- Cut Down on Shampooing: Don’t wash your hair every day; cleanse it twice a week, at the most. Try co-washing, using a cleansing conditioner, or a sulfate-free shampoo to keep hair fresh without stripping it of essential natural oils.
Get Social and See More
Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Twitter (@naturallycurly) to see the #curlypool pics and check out our full Facebook gallery of photos. Stay tuned for special features on our Very Important Curlies!
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 at 10:09 am and is filed under Home. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.