Great hair, great products, and great fun in Atlanta!
Of course, the main attraction of the World Natural Hair Show is the shopping, and that did not disappoint! I stocked up on some of my staple products, but I was also able to venture out and try new and up-in-coming brands like B.A.S.K. and As I Am. I was also able to meet some of my favorite brand representatives, including Mahisha from CURLS, Ylorie from EDEN BodyWorks and Jamyla from Oyin Handmade as well as fellow bloggers and members of natural hair groups from across the country. I went home with more products than I could carry. and I’m excited to try them all!
World Natural Hair Show Tips
Now that I’ve officially made it through my first World Natural Hair Show, I have a few DOs and DONTs to share with you.
- Get your tickets in advance! The will call line was long to pick up your wristbands, but not nearly as long as the line to purchase tickets at the door.
- Wear comfortable shoes! I don’t know how some ladies were walking around in heels, but flats or tennis shoes will definitely save your feet after circling the floor a few times.
- Bring a friend! I attended the event with my sister, who is natural but not quite ready to take her braids out. It’s always more fun going with people who are just as enthusiastic.
- DON’T be close-minded! Now is the time to try new products, especially when most are deeply discounted for the show. You may pick up a new favorite.
- DON’T be late! If there’s anything I want to emphasize the most, this has to be it. Not just because the parking gets bad and the lines stay long, but your favorite vendors will sell out! I missed a few of my staple products because I got there late.
- DON’T miss this event! What else can I say? It was an experience that cannot be replicated. Get in the mix and make sure you’re in the building for the next World Natural Hair Show.
Did you miss the World Natural Hair Show this spring? Well don’t fret, there’s another one coming up in a few months! The fall World Natural Hair Show will take place October 6-7, 2012 so make sure you grab your tickets early! I’ll see you there!