Oils transform from bad word to hot curly hair product!
Top Carrier Oils and Their Benefits
- Argan Oil – Argan oil hydrates the hair, penetrating into the hair shaft and enhancing elasticity of hair. It is especially good for uncontrollable and unmanageable hair, restoring the and repairing damage.
- Abyssinian Oil – This natural vegetable oil contains a high percentage of unsaturated C22 fatty acids. is proven to produce a natural radiant luster to the hair and it will glide onto the surface forming a light continuous lipid layer. Those qualities provide lubricity to help detangle the hair and lock in essential moisture.
- Amla Oil – Amla oil is considered one of the world's oldest natural hair conditioners. It stimulates hair growth and pigmentation. It prevents premature graying of hair, dandruff, increases the strength of hair follicles.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil strengthens and nourishes your hair as well as adds loads of shine and smoothes the cuticles. Great for fizzy hair! Just a note: You might want to use a conditioner after an hot olive oil hair treatment as I have found hair still tangles.
- Macadamia Nut Oil – Rare and unique composition with an incredible compatibility to the bodies’ own natural oils, allowing for extraordinary absorption and rapid penetration into hair and skin. Incredibly rich concentration of essential fatty acids, natural antioxidants and vitamins penetrate, smooth and coat hair shaft, improving elasticity and strength, leaving hair deeply nourished and revitalized.
- Coconut Oil – is one of the oil which helps in the lubrication of the hair. It softens the hair and conditions the scalp. It also provides the essential proteins required for nourishing damaged hair. It is very useful for damaged hair due to its ability to strengthen it. Also said to be a wonderful oil for dandruff.
- Rosemary Herbal Oil – is very useful for the unwanted and flaky dandruff problems. Rosemary oil helps in stimulating follicles, as a result of which, hair grow longer and stronger.
- Kendi Oil – This is a robust source of multiple essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6 & 9) that repair and maintain your hair’s natural lipid layer while anti-oxidant powerhouse Tocopherol fights free radicals protecting hair from future damage.
- Castor Oil – Rich in ricinoleic acid (triglyceride of fatty acid), castor oil can be used to treat skin conditions such as fungal infections. It nourish hair and prevent the scalp from drying by retaining moisture Castor oil added to hair care products helps to seal moisture, soften, and thicken hair.
- Vitamin E Oil – Vitamin E is a well-known antioxidant and when added to homemade products, helps extend their shelf life. Vitamin E acts as a rejuvenator and protection for scalp and skin.
- Avocado Oil – Perfect for dry hair, avocado oil is full of vitamins your hair needs like vitamins A, E, D and potassium. This added to other carrier oils makes a perfect deep treatment.
- Hemp Seed Oil – Brings gloss and manageability to hair as well as relief from dry scalp or hair damage caused by blow-dryer heat, chemical perms, coloring or sunlight. Loaded with moisturizing and replenishing essential fatty acids.