Stylists from The Parlour on 3rd offer these homemade tricks
Is this chilly winter weather drying you out?! No time to run to the salon? Well, guess what…you have a secret weapon to heal dry hair in your kitchen cupboard! Olive oil and mayonnaise aren’t just good for cooking, they’re an excellent moisturizing treatment for your hair and scalp. Here are fabulous tricks from stylists Josh Rosebrook and Robear Landeros at LA-based salon The Parlour on 3rd.
Olive Oil Moisturizing Treatment
from The Parlour on 3rd Master Stylist Josh Rosebrook
- Take 1/4 cup olive oil and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Part your hair into four sections and apply the warm olive oil to your scalp, section by section. Make sure to work the olive oil from the scalp to the ends of your hair.
- Put a plastic cap on your hair and let the olive oil work its magic for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cap. Shampoo, condition, and style your hair as usual.
Healthy Hair Mask
from The Parlour on 3rd Stylist Robear Landeros
- The easiest, cheapest, and most effective hair mask secret known to stylists is mayonnaise. Who would have thought? Mayo is composed of egg yolk, lemon juice and vinegar, which can strengthen and moisturize your hair. Avoid commercial brands. Stick with organic for best results. Place a plastic bag over your hair after you apply. Leave it on for 30 minutes. If you don’t mind smelling like a ham sandwich, the end result is worth it!
This entry was posted on Monday, February 8th, 2010 at 1:06 am and is filed under Care Methods, Products and Ingredients. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a comment.