African Black Soap Collection
The African Black Soap Collection from SheaMoisture strategically includes these three ingredients in their Deep Cleansing Shampoo, Balancing Conditioner and Dandruff & Dry Scalp Elixir. Use the Deep Cleansing Shampoo to sooth your scalp while helping to regulate the production of the natural oils in your hair and scalp. It removes unwanted buildup, while relieving dry, itchy, flaky scalp creating a fresh start. The Balancing Conditioner also soothes dry itchy scalp. It conditions and moisturizes your hair, while restoring your hair's natural pH balance. Lastly, soothe your scalp and relieve the itching and flaking with Dandruff and Dry Scalp Elixir.
What should I avoid?
- PABA: PABA is an abbreviation for para-aminobenzoic acid. It's use as an active ingredient in sun-screens has been discontinued due to the allergic reactions it tends to cause when applied to the skin. International research also indicates that it is a potential carcinogen.
- Synthetic Color: The most common synthetic colors used in cosmetics are derived from coal tar, which is another by-product of petroleum. Some coal tar dyes are known to cause cancer and so are strictly regulated by the FDA. Other synthetic colors like chromium oxide and aluminum powder can be irritating. Chromium oxide is specifically described as a “cancer hazard” in its Material Safety Data Sheet.
see more on the next page...
- Plantain Enzyme: You may have eaten this banana-like fruit before, but did you know that plantain enzyme provides a great natural way to alleviate scalp itchiness and irritation?
- Tea Tree: Tea Tree oil is a natural antiseptic and can be used as a treatment for scalp infections and problems like dandruff. In hair products it removes buildup while enhancing volume and shine.
- Willow Bark Extract: Does your dry scalp cause you discomfort? Willow Bark soothes the scalp as it gently exfoliates while removing flakes.