Former star of reality show "Blow Out" gives tips to the perfect blow out
During the recent Tribeca Film Festival, Conair set up a Style Studio in the Arts and Cinema Lounge to offer celebrities quick touch ups before their red carpet debuts. On hand to assist with blow outs was blow out pro and celebrity hairdresser Jonathan Antin, and he graciously shared his tips for the perfect bouncy blow out.
Tips for a Bouncy Blow Out from Jonathan Antin:
- Start Fresh For an extra voluminous bouncy blowout, begin by towel drying clean, wet hair. Be certain that hair is rinsed VERY thoroughly.
- Detangle Use a wide-toothed comb to untangle hair.
- Cool Shots With a professional-quality dryer that has a cool shot button, dry hair upside down. Follow by smoothing out ends with a round brush on a low, warm setting. Engage the cool shot button every 15-20 seconds.
- Ionic Technology A professional quality dryer with ionic technology is key because the AC motors featured in these dryers dry hair faster, minimizing damage and frizz.
- Section When hair is completely dry, divide hair into 2-inch sections.
- Round Brush Begin at the top of the head, toward forehead and work backwards. Wrap hair around a round brush with a medium-sized barrel so that the section is rolled toward the back of the head.
- Hot-Cool Using high heat and a concentrator nozzle to pinpoint airflow, dry hair from root to end for 8 seconds, then freeze into place using the cool shot button for 5 seconds. This technique is similar to hot rolling and gets volume, separation and definition. If hair is excessively curly, you can dry hair from mid-shaft to end to minimize styling time.
- Reduce Frizz When finished with the top of head, dry hair on sides and back, pointing the dryer downward. This avoids getting frizz and fly-aways.
- Define and Separate Dab a pea-sized amount of styling cream into your hands, and smooth it into the ends of hair to define and separate tresses.
- Finish Finish hair with a light hold flexible hairspray.