Tips for choosing the right protein hair product for your hair.
Protein is beneficial for fine hair and for damaged or porous hair, and is used in many deep conditioning treatments. But with so many different types of products that contain protein for hair, which one one do you choose?
- Look for hydrolyzed proteins in rinse-off products. These can penetrate hair and add strength and shine.
- Collagen is helpful in improving hair elasticity.
- Keratin is thought to be strengthening and improves manageability.
- Wheat protein adds strength and helps retain moisture.
- Soy protein and other plant proteins also have moisture-attracting (humectant) qualities.
- Silk protein tends to soften hair.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 18th, 2011 at 1:45 am and is filed under Care Methods, Conditioning, Curly Hair (Type 3a), Curly Hair (Type 3b), Curly Kinky Hair (Type 3c), Ingredients, Kinky Hair (Type 4a), Kinky Hair (Type 4b), Kinky Hair (Type 4c), Mature Curlies, Permanent Hair Color, Products and Ingredients, Semi-permanent, Wavy Hair (Type 2a), Wavy Hair (Type 2b), Wavy Hair (Type 2c). You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.