Your hair is one of the first things people notice about you, so use it to your advantage! The wrong hair color can make you look washed out, and a bad haircut can make you look dated, even when paired with the most up-to-date makeup and fashion trends.
As a curly girl, you already have a head start. Women with curly, textured hair tend to look younger than straight-haired counterparts as they age. Because of the natural volume that comes with having curly hair, thinning is less noticeable. Consider your frizz and volume to be a blessing in disguise!
Are you looking for a new young, fresh look for fall? Before heading to the salon, read the following tips. And as always, remember to talk to your stylist before making any changes!
- Leave the angular, asymmetrical bob to Rihanna. This look is hard to pull off in the first place, and the extreme angles will only highlight any fine lines on your face. If you want to go short and emphasize your great bone structure, lean towards a style with face-framing layers and softer edges.
- Skip the blunt bangs. They often look too severe. Instead, try a side-swept, piecey bang that hits right below your brow. The result? A softer look that will draw attention to your eyes.
- Keep it loose. Tight updos, while polished, tend to look rigid and make you look older. Substitute the ballerina bun for a low chignon and tease your roots or leave a few strands around your face. Keep it strategically messy.
- Try a few strategically placed highlights. If you’re tired of your monotone color, add some depth with highlights around your face. You can maintain a sun-kissed, youthful glow all year long!
- Experiment with a new part. Sometimes, it’s just that simple.
If you’re stuck in a rut, step out of your comfort zone and try a new look! There are tons of new trends out there — just remember to stick to one that suits your lifestyle and age.
What do you do to maintain a young-at-heart fresh look?