Artichokes, the secret to healthy skin
It is December already! Christmas is all around us with its lovely songs and excitement. The holidays are the perfect time to enjoy your family and friends, while thinking about your New Year’s resolutions...
During this holiday season, we are all very happy to host our family reunions, but everyone is very busy. Our schedules are tight and we are running around, searching for "that perfect gift." All the stores are crowded, full of people, and the weather is getting really cold. At the end of the year, we are all just drained—and it shows in our tired skin.
The outside air is harsh on our skin, and in contrast, the over-heated stores make our skin dehydrated and irritated. To repair and hydrate the skin, nothing is better than a good skin care regimen./p>
In the morning, we need to prepare our skin to face the external environment. During the day, it is important to reduce the water loss from your skin that is responsible for skin dehydration. The best recommendation is to hydrate the skin with a good moisturizer that you can apply atop of grape seed oil drops if your skin is very dry. This special oil deeply nourishes the skin—improving texture and appearance.
At night, the skin needs to be repaired and deeply hydrated, as well. A perfect mask to nourish dehydrated skin is our “At-home Artichoke Mask Recipe.” This mask is an excellent solution to moisturize and nourish. It contains a combination of nutrients from the artichoke and oatmeal that fights against free radical damage. It is also rich in lactic acid (from sour cream) that deeply hydrates and increases the penetration of nutrients for maximum results.
Let's make the mask!
- 2 artichokes (from a jar of artichokes packed in olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. of oatmeal flour
- 1 tsp. of sour cream
- Sprinkle oatmeal on the artichoke and the sour cream.
- Mix to obtain a homogenized mixture.
- Apply mask on the entire face and leave it on for 20 minutes before removing it with cotton pads and water. Your skin will feel revitalized, moisturized and deeply hydrated!
- Then, apply your night cream. Skin will be soft and velvety, and best of all, you can share this recipe with all your friends and family!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS and best wishes for a prosperous NEW YEAR!