Posts Tagged ‘short hair’
- Monday, January 23rd, 2012 | by Tara Lisciandro-Hornich
Learn how to rock this trendy, year-round hairstyle.
Once your bob is cut, be sure to maintain the cut by visiting your stylist every 6 to 8 weeks to keep that length. If you want to go longer, allow the bob to grow out a bit , then return to your stylist and be sure to discuss lengths.
At home, though, you will need to follow a few styling steps for the perfect curly bob.
- Use a good leave-in. Apply the leave-in on damp hair for type 2 and type 3, and to soaking wet hair for type 4.
- Apply products in layers, gently, by smoothing them onto sections and keeping hair damp to wet (see above). If your hair gets dry as you style, keep a water bottle near by so you can wet a section again as you work.
- Your fingers are a styling tool! Apply your favorite product to your curls, waves or kinks and finger twist sections to create better curl or wave pattern. After you’re done styling, there’s no need to touch your locks any more. Let them air dry or use a diffuser.
A well cut and styled bob makes for great second day hair. Simply use a water bottle to mist curls the next day and finger style again. You won’t need to saturate your locks, an easy misting will suffice. The water will trigger the products applied to your hair to start working all over again.
Curly bob styles can be done casually or dressed up by simply adding a pretty rhinestone bobby pin to the side. Headbands also work great with bobs and show off your locks (and look) very well.
Browse thousands of short hair styles and get inspiration for your next curly cut!
If this is your first bob style, be patient. It may take some time to grow into and get used to, but once you do, you’ll find a world of new looks and curls or waves that you may have never know before!-->
- Thursday, January 12th, 2012 | by Tracey Wallace
From Shakira to Olivia Wilde, short, curly bob hairstyles are in.
Keratin for Hair: Good or Bad?
What does Keratin do to hair, and what hairtype is it best suited for?
May 17, 2013 Read more »
The 10 Best Cuts for Curly Hair
Allure's top curly haircuts and how to get them.
May 17, 2013 Read more »
Top 10 Professional Curly Hairstyles
Need a new look for work? Here are 10 suggestions to dress up your everyday look and try something new.
November 15, 2010 Read more »
I Did a Brazilian Blowout!
WIth all the buzz about keratin treatments, I decided to test out a Brazilian Blowout for myself.
March 5, 2010 Read more »
Jill Scott Goes Natural for the Cover of Essence
Check out Jill's new natural hairstyle and get an exclusive preview of her interview in Essence.
September 5, 2012 Read more »
How to Create Kinky Twists
How to protect your hair and save money by creating your own kinky twists.
August 7, 2012 Read more »