These 11 hair resolutions are easy to keep and also benefit your hair
6. Switch to using a shampoo free method: Yes, I still shampoo every other day. I know that co-washing helps control frizz while keeping your curls moisturized, but I just haven’t switched over yet. I’m going to try my best to get rid of the shampoo in these early months of 2011, and maybe I’ll see a huge difference in my curls.
7. Learn the art of self-trimming: There are several benefits to being able to trim your hair yourself—including saving time and money as well as being able to style you hair exactly how you want. At the moment, the thought of cutting my own hair is a bit scary, but if it’s just a trim I don’t see why I couldn’t do that. If you are in need of a touch-up, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t pick up this art so you can save your money.
8. Use products that benefit the environment: As each month passes, I try to do more that benefits this lovely planet I happen to live on. One way to do this is by using specific hair products, i.e. things that are organic or that come in recyclable containers.
9. Clean out my cabinets once every 3 months: At the moment, this seems like an impossible task. I have so many products that 3 months seems like an extremely short time to try everything, but I am going to do my best. At the end of the 3 months, I’m going to clean everything out that I don’t think I’ll use and give it to the other curly girls of the world! Plus, I’ll make room for my other things that are coming in.
10. Keep up with the natural hair community: There are so many women out there who blog about their experiences of being natural as well as offer up tips. I want to follow them on a frequent basis so I can get advice as well as inspiration from ladies everywhere.
11. Spread the curly word to women everywhere: I have a wavy-haired mom and several friends who are naturally curly, and they all straighten their hair. I rarely straighten anymore, and I love my curls! I want all of the naturally curly women in my life to feel the same way. I want to share products and knowledge with them so they too can love their natural side and show it off often. Not to mention it’s always fun to have friends who you can share products and tips with.
This entry was posted on Monday, January 3rd, 2011 at 8:55 am and is filed under Care Methods, Curly Hair (Type 3a), Curly Kinky Hair (Type 3c), Frizz Control, Wavy Hair (Type 2a). You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.