Hate Flaxseed Gel? Try this
Years of curly expertise have taught us that there is no universal curly hair product. What works for your Type 3c, fine, porous hair won't necessarily work for the next Type 3c, fine, porous curly girl.
There are so many factors that make your curls unique! So while many curlies wax poetic about the wonders of flaxseed gel, it just doesn't work for others.
"I experimented and came up with this styling cream. It leaves my hair shiny, soft, defined, and frizz free. I love it! It also doesnt expire like flax seed gel, which is great! This makes a rather small batch, about 1/2 to 1 cup." Thank you madalemon for your recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 6 tbsp of your favorite moisturizing conditioner
- 12 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 1/2 tea spoon of your favorite oil (I used EVOO)
- 2 tea spoons blue agave nectar
- Your favorite essential oils (I used tea tree and jasmine)
Mix all ingredients until the consistency is lighter than a gel but slightly thicker than your average styling cream. Store in a jar or tub for later use.
About the Ingredients:
- Conditioner adds moisture and works as a nice base for the product
- Aloe vera gel seals moisture, adds hold, defines, strengthens damaged hair and fights frizz
- Cinnamon prevents breakage, reduces fallout, adds a pleasant scent
- Essential oils moisturize and strengthen hair
- Agave nectar adds light hold, prevents frizz, moisturizes, strengthens and adds shine
For more curly mixology recipes, or to share your own favorite at-home treatments, go to our Recipes section.