Revamp your curly beauty routine with natural and eco-conscious products and tips.
Happy Earth Day! There is no better time to revamp your beauty routine with natural and eco-conscious products than today. There are so many great salons and product lines with environmentally friendly practices. Products that contain more natural ingredients and have less impact on the environment are ideal as we focus on the well-being of ourselves and the earth. Check out these amazing eco-friendly finds!
No matter what region you are in, there is likely to be a “green” salon option that will meet your needs.
- Seattle’s Grow Salon is a self-proclaimed “eco-salon” which is stocked with products that were created with water conservation in mind.
- Also on the West coast is San Francisco’s The Plum, a salon that uses ammonia-free hair color, organic shampoos, and bamboo towels for sustainability.
- Chicago’s Chatto Center for Natural Hair & Skin provides their own products, made without alcohol, formaldehyde, and other harmful chemicals.
- Garbo Salon & Spa in Austin has been a leader in eco-friendly practices and now donates used hair to oil spill relief efforts.
- Swing Hair Salon, located in New York City’s East Village, has been recognized as a premiere “green” salon and actually uses wind as 100 percent of their power supply! Lastly, Miami’s Jose Luis Salon is reasonably priced and has a focus on organic hair care.