Spring is finally here and with it comes new trends in hairstyles and new products to try. But for the Product Junkies out there who are reaching for their car keys or their credit cards, consider giving your stash a good spring clean first!
Out With the Old
Before you even consider buying new products this spring you should clean out your stash to make room for the new. But in order to know what to toss and what to hold onto, use this helpful guide to product shelf lives:
- Natural shampoos and conditioners generally last anywhere from 6 months to a year after being opened
- Products in bottles can usually last for no longer than one year
- Oils can last for 6 months after opening
- Butters can last for up to 2 years if both are stored in cool dry places
- Products in jars should be used within 6 months after opening because constantly dipping your fingers into the product introduces bacteria into it that can cause the product to go rancid