The 80's and early 90's saw the rise of the krimper, followed by the standard barrel shaped curling iron. But now there are a plethora of unique curling wands on the market in a variety of shapes. If you're looking to transform your curl pattern for a few days, these tools can help you create anything from a bouncy wave to a loose runway curl. Just be sure to always apply a heat protectant!
The Natural Waver
Say goodbye to overnight braids with frizzy waves! The Tourmaline Deep Waver from Hot Tools creates waves that look so good, you’ll have people thinking they’re natural.
How to use it
- Spray a heat protectant, such as Carol’s Daughter’s Macadamia Heat Protection Serum, on all of your hair, and then separate your hair with clips.
- After misting your hair with a lightweight hairspray, hold the barrel at the root end of your hair, about three or four inches from the scalp.
- Keep the barrel in place about 10 seconds, then release.
- If you’re going for an all-over look, just pick up where you left off and repeat with the waver.
- When you’re finished, gently toss your hair with your fingers to loosen some of the wave, giving your hair a more natural look.