Sam Villa shares his inside tips on finishing fine hair
Products for Fine Hair
- Villa recommends Redken Body Full Shampoo and Body Full Light Conditioner. Both contain wheat extract to plump the hair, cotton to soften and detangle, and soy protein to repair and prevent breakage.
- Use a treatment product to condition, protect and style your hair.
- For extra plumping, try Body Full Volume Amplifier, a thickening lift spray.
- For baby fine hair, try Body Full Instant Bodifier, a volumizing foam that provides structural support.
Many stylists (and consumers for that matter) have a personal preference on using a lotion, gel or mousse. Villa offers his top picks for fine hair.
- Lotion: Redken thickening lotion 06 adds thickness to each strand, it’s great on fine to medium hair.
- Gel: Redken rootful 06 root lifting spray is great for getting lift at the roots, target the root area with application.
- Mousse: For really fine hair that lacks life, Redken full frame 07 protective volumizing mousse can be used to increase body and volume.
About heat: It’s not the temp so much as the time; it’s okay to use high-temperature tools to create texture, just mind the amount of exposure to the heat. Use only as much as needed for as long as needed. Use a brick lay pattern to avoid seeing separation lines.
This entry was posted on Monday, November 8th, 2010 at 1:00 am and is filed under Products, Wavy Hair (Type 2a). You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.