W6D1 done!! I didn't actually look up the run before I went out, just listened for the podcast cues. My runner friend who's been doing the last week or so with me says we ran faster today than monday when we did the 20 minute run, so that's good. Did a little sprint in the beginning of the last run too. I find I like my sprinting pace better, it's more comfortable for me with my long legs, but I absolutey cannot keep it up for long. When I'm done with the C25k program (estimated mid-late July) I'm going to work on speed, see if I can get closer to that long stride when I run.
"And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
Stolen.