My goal is about 31". Basically, I want to grow my hair to my hip so it will bounce up to my waist. My hair can bounce up to 6" at a time. Currently, my longest layer is 26.5". I hope to reach my goal by May 2009 next week. When I have reached my goal, I plan to maintain the ends and keep on trimming my hair until the layers grow longer to thicken my ends and keep them healthy. Hair priorities are a) thickness, b) maintaining the curl and c) growth.
Originally Posted by 30isthenewblack
It's so interesting to look back at your old posts. Since August, I have grown 2" and my longest layer is now 28" so 1.5" growth in two months. I may have to re-address my original goal of 31" as my hair has not reached BSL curly at 28".
Originally Posted by 30isthenewblack
Looking at my original post, with about four microtrims in between, I did reach my goal of 31" by May 2009. It is now about 1"-2" away from being hip straight. I think my longer layers stalled a bit but the other layers kept on growing so they are closer in length now. As I thought in my second posting, I have to change my original goal to even 37" before it bounces up to waist length so it may be another year in May 2010 before I can start maintaining my hair length. I am starting to feel like a long hair now. It's amazing to pull my hair straight and it reaches almost to my hip!