I had the Coppola keratin treatment about a week ago and I am totally in love with it. My question is, I DO understand that we need to use non-SLS shampoos. My hairdresser said I HAD to give up my old poo & cond, and I get the shampoo part, but I don't understand why I can't use my old conditioner, as I later learned, via the Internet, that conditioners are SLS-free anyway.

I was encouraged to buy the mega-expensive salon products, which I did, except I just don't like them, I've realized. I can cope with the shampoo. But why can't I use my old conditioner?

Anyone know?
Originally Posted by wantsilkhair
They're just trying to make more money. You can use any shampoo you want. The thing to avoid is sodium in the products. That's why they say stay out of the ocean, pools and be careful with sweating.

My hair is fine and if it's not clean, it's limp and flat. Their shampoos don't clean enough for me. If you read the labels, most Suave shampoos don't have sodium. I picked up Finesse from Big Lots for $3. There are lots of others. Even if you use a shampoo with sodium, it won't wear off immediately, just a little faster.