hi roxanne, im biracial as well (filipina & black.) i have 3c hair. as i was growing up my mother used a lot of hair products in my hair that were geared towards afro americans with kinky hair. the products are okay for making your hair soft as your combing your hair and reducing frizz. however, i was never fond of the smell. i thought products like: motions, pink hair moisturizer, soft sheen, african pride, queene helen, aphogee were the only products out there for my hair type. you would usually find them in your local grocery store or drug store and sally's beauty supply. get rid of them, those particular products have a lot of mineral oil in them. the products always had a way of attracting dirt in your hair. if you use too much of the product in your daughters hair it will end up very oily and greasy looking and gives that weighed down look. it also tends to soak through the pillow case while you sleep. i recommend products jessicurl, curl junkie, curls, mixed chicks, miss jessie's, mop top, deva curl, giovanni, ouidad, frederik fekkai, aveda, biolage, curly hair solutions, redken. here are some products that are great for frizz: giovanni frizz be gone, oscar blandi hair serum, organix coconut milk anti breakage hair serum (they also have a pomegranate, vanilla, and shea butter serum to choose from), fx special effects silk drops, garnier fructis sleek & shine serum (garnier has a few more serums and leave-ins in their curl line), and kerastase. avoid products like: pantene, biosilk, john frieda, sunsilk like they are the plague. those products will dry your daughters hair out so fast. i didn't say anything about suave, loreal, garnier fructis, dove, vo5 or herbal essence because i know there are a lot of curly heads out there that still swear by that stuff. These companies are now coming out with sls free shampoos and conditioners which is suppose to be gentler on your hair and they smell really nice. always wash your daughters hair with shamp & cond at least once a week, and conditioner wash her hair during the rest of the week if you feel like she needs her hair washed again. curly hair needs lots of moisture it's also very fragile. there are a few books on amazon and barnes and noble that you can buy to learn how to care for curly hair: Hair Rules!, Curly Girl, Curl Talk and Strictly Curls. Hope this info helps. Before i go, i just wanted to say that your daughter is beautiful.

Last edited by godgavemecurls82; 07-01-2009 at 03:24 AM.