View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #24
Raisin Girl

Here are some books I couldn't put down and a small commentary on them.

"Wasted" by Marya Hornbacher - This book is about her trials with anorexia and bulimia. She writes with such candor and grit that you can't help but love it. She doesn't candy-coat anything. I loved this book and it is my all-time favorite book. I've read it probably at least twenty-five times since I first purchased it.

"Misadventures In The (213)" by Dennis Hensley - This is a very humorous book! It's about the L.A. elite and wannabe-elite and all of the things they can manage to get themselves into. It's very chick-lit, and to be honest I didn't think I'd like it, but I ended up loving it.

"Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom - This is a very sad book. It's about Mitch's visits every Tuesday with his old college professor, Morrie Schwartz. Morrie had ALS, and in this book there are so many wise things to be learned. Be warned though, you will cry at the end.

"The Audacity Of Hope" by President Barack Obama - I love everything he had to say in this book. He has some great ideas in it and it was very well-written. There's also some humor in it, and the rhetoric in which it's written isn't a lot of political jargon. It feels like you're just in a conversation with him. It's a very good book, I'd highly recommend it.