Seriously, I think the Super Soaker method is revolutionary I was getting stringy curls because my hair was drying too fast and of course didn't think I was "allowed" to re-wet them since I had never heard of someone doing that before!!
So yeah, I tried it today. Left me with big clumps prior to diffusing. Shoulda taken pics, I know, but the end result was just meh because I used my Hot Sock today for the first time and it wrecked my clumps.
My only hestitation about this method is that when you're rewetting at the sink, I felt like it was washing out my LI and curl creme. Yes, I was scrunching up (it's not like I poured water over my head), but still I felt like some product must have been coming off with the water dripping from my hair. I used CJ CCCC today and I shudder to think it may have run down the drain eeeek! What are your thoughts?
Originally Posted by thick_n_wavy

IMO, a Hot Sock is only slightly better than no diffuser at all. I only use mine in a pinch when traveling - never if I have any other sort of diffuser available . . . .

Also, IMO, soaking wet hair, regardless of how I achieved it (right out of the shower or adding some back in from the faucet or by spraying), has always worked best for me, especially on first day. If I do it on first day, I can usually get good enough succeeding days without having to wet it so much - which saves me a lot of time on those days.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett