(excuse the long post, in advance)

Wednesday I had my visit with Tiffany, we discovered that my hair truly IS fine as I suspected.

So she made some suggestions for me, and based on her suggestions I finally felt comfortable enough to take the CG plunge.

Since she'd already done a low-poo cleanse to make sure there was no silicone build up, I went straight to her plan. I found it so odd that she would suggest a Suave conditioner (tropical coconut), as a co-wash AND conditioner (she suggested I mix it with another protein conditioner but I haven't found my way to the health food store this week yet, so I haven't grabbed it yet).

Keeping in mind that it's taken me almost two months to get to this point cause I didn't want to give up my sulfates... yesterday I tried it out. At first I had issues cause I knew there was no way a dime sized amount (as posted in the how-to section) was going to cover my scalp, so I just kinda did what felt right.

Well, I rinsed it out, then applied it to the rest of my hair, which was still a dry tangled mess. I thought to myself, "Self, REALLY? How do you expect a $.98 bottle of conditioner to be good for your long tresses." My self responded with adding a little bit of the Matrix conditioning balm so I was able to get my comb through it.

All went well, followed her routine, went about my day, next thing I know I look in the mirror and to my surprise my hair looks soft and silky and I have bouncy curly waves (which mind you is 75% attributed to the awesome curly cut Tiffany gave me!). WOW!

And sure enough my hair was siiiilllkyy soft! Never had to scrunch my gel out, it just fell exactly how I felt it should.

This morning I did my second co-wash and it was soooo different.

I had a hard time after my co-wash cause I kept trying to rinse the silky stuff out. After several minutes, I finally came to the conclusion that the silk was not the conditioner but rather my hair.

So I applied the oh-so-cheap conditioner to my hair again (this time sans the matrix). But this time by the time I touched the rest of it, it was already completely detangled... no comb needed, as I rinsed it out I just ran my fingers through it and voila!

Now... I am a CG-aholic, and a Tiffany-aholic.

And that's my story.
2a-2b/fine/LOTS of it/Florida Dews
CG as of 7/29.

Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
RO-Condish: Suave Tropical Coconut / Matrix Conditioning Balm
Low-Poo: Daisy Fuentes

Protein --> <-- My Hair

Last edited by IzzyTheTerrible; 07-31-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: addition