View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 09:32 AM   #233
msgiblet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeechick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcurlOr2 View Post
I just found this post, I must have been sleeping! I can't wait to try this. I have a couple of questions, though.
1. Is diffusing important to it, would air-drying work as well, or does the extra water weigh the curl down for too long as it dries? I don't diffuse, and was thinking about giving it a try, anyway. RudeeChick, what kind of diffuser do you use?

2. Doesn't the super soak step rinse off the product? Why wouldn't it?

I can't wait to try this, I've always looked at rudeechick's and msgiblets pics and wanted my hair to turn out exactly like that.
I think you have gorgeous hair, both. I would give anything for my hair to behave like yours.
I think my hair spirals more on the ends, but clumps are still what I'm after.
thanks for posting this - I, too, can't wait for the video (silly as that sounds)!
First of thank you for the double compliment of liking my hair and putting me in the same sentence as Msgiblet, whose hair I covet!!

I dont know how airdrying would go; I cant imagine it would be all that different, as by the time I come out of my plop I am no longer soaking wet. I, personally dont air dry as I have way too much hair (takes too long) and air drying increases my volume (which I dont want).

I use the companion diffuser to my T3 blower, btw. And, lastly, I havent had an issue resulting from any product that may be lost to the soaking. Can other users address this please?
WOW! What a high compliment and honor to be put in Rudee's company! I would kill for curls like hers!

Diffusing is important for me no matter what method or products I'm using. My hair stays too flat to my head if I air dry, which I don't like because I'm different from Rudee in that I like a lot of volume and I don't get it with air drying. I'm also not as curly as Rudee so I need the diffuser to boost my curls a little bit. Anothe reason is my hair is also very thick so it would take hours to dry if I didn't diffuse.

I haven't found that I lose any products when my hair is soaking wet. I tend to be a little heavy handed, though, so that could be part of the reason. I find it distributes better and maybe there is some dilution involved - it really does clump better and helps soften up crunch from product. Since I like volume, the more I experiment with this method I'm finding that I'm happier with my hair when I don't soak it very much. The amount of water in my hair when I come right out of the shower seems to be the right amount for me. I still get a lot of clumping and spiraling, but not so much that it takes away from the volume. I've just been adding a little water to areas that I can see need it and so far this seems to be working the best for me.

I also use the T3 dryer with the companion diffuser.

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

msgiblet is offline   Reply With Quote