I just found this post, I must have been sleeping! I can't wait to try this. I have a couple of questions, though.
1. Is diffusing important to it, would air-drying work as well, or does the extra water weigh the curl down for too long as it dries? I don't diffuse, and was thinking about giving it a try, anyway. RudeeChick, what kind of diffuser do you use?

2. Doesn't the super soak step rinse off the product? Why wouldn't it?

I can't wait to try this, I've always looked at rudeechick's and msgiblets pics and wanted my hair to turn out exactly like that.
I think you have gorgeous hair, both. I would give anything for my hair to behave like yours.
I think my hair spirals more on the ends, but clumps are still what I'm after.
thanks for posting this - I, too, can't wait for the video (silly as that sounds)!
Originally Posted by AcurlOr2
I air dry with it. The first time I did it I plopped for 45 minutes and my BSL hair took a total of 4 hours to dry (including plop time). The second time, I used a little less water, plopped for 15 minutes, and my hair took a total of 3 hours to dry. But in both cases, the sides were dry enough to SOTC after 2 hours.

I agree with what msgiblet said about diffusing - you can get more volume with your hair if you diffuse than if you air dry. But I prefer less volume so I don't mind. I think my hair looks too messy when it's diffused - I get more definition with air drying. If I wanted a little more volume with the super soaker method, I would clip the top of my hair while it dried.

In answer to your other question, I use more base product with this method in case some goes down the drain.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair