I simply pull my hair back. If there are any big lumps sticking out, I gently rake it back with my fingertips. I tend to like the looser lumpy look on me though. I don't do slicked back.
Originally Posted by ibraidhair
same here. I just pull my hair back. I also like the looser look. if my hair is pulled back too tight or too straight it looks awful on me. it makes my face look too severe and/or long. I usually need a bit of hair hanging out of the pony too.
Originally Posted by persephone5
I third this. I wore severely pulled back ponytails for years before going CG - and now I like the character the little bumps give me (so long as they're not huge bumps).
Originally Posted by oddityofwings

I fourth this.
I don't and won't use a brush or a comb because I would probably break it.
If I don't have the little bumps it makes me look severe. They used to annoy(sp? that does not look right) me, but now I kind of like it.

If I pull it back in a ponytail I have to wear it like that the rest of the day because it pulls the wave/curl out.
Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
Rinse:
ACV rinse
Detangler/Conditioner:
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer