View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
SapphireWingstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibraidhair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
No clumps here, just stringy curls. It's always been that way. It's a little crazy with coils, s-curls, sometimes it reverses direction part-way down.
It won't clump no matter how hard I try so, just as I learned to love my curly hair, I have also learned to love my stringy curly hair.
Mine is terrible about that! It's practically impossible for me to try like the "skip curl" method or any kind of twirling the hair around my finger to make ringlets/clumps because the coil reverses directions sometimes 2 or 3 times! It works better if I just scrunch it and hope for the best.

My biggest problem with clumping (or lack thereof) is that my hair is never consistent. Some days they're good, some days they're not. And I have a serious variety of curl types, so that makes it more complicated too. I would love to have better clumps and ringlets, but I would be happy if I could just get it to be consistent.
Same!

I've always kind of wished I could have clumpy ringlets instead of my highly individualized ('stringy' sounds gross, which my hair is not. :P) s-curls that only turn into true ringlets at the last inch or so. Buuuut I suppose it's time to love my hair for what it is.

Also, for those with highly individualized curls - do your curls clump in the shower? Like, do they form a sheet when you comb conditioner through? My hair refuses to clump, even when I'm combing conditioner through...my hair pretty much looks exactly the same when it's wet as it does dry, only wetter. My friend has 3a hair that clumps like crazy, and I've always wondered if the non-clumping-in-the-shower phenomenon has to do with hair type, texture, or what.

Album: http://photobucket.com/albums/a119/CrazyCurlyQ/

Password: curlomania
(albums are on the lefthand side)
SapphireWingstar is offline   Reply With Quote