When I first read this question I thought to myself that having curly hair didn't have that much of an effect on my life. But then I started thinking back...

I remember being about 9 or 10 and wanting hair like Marcia Brady. I would wear a long sleeve turtle-neck top on my head and pretend it was my hair. This was about the same time I talked my mom into getting a home straightener kit...which she attempted to apply but I still ended up with the same frizzy hair that she didn't have any idea what to do with. I also remember being teased by boys in elementary school...the one that stands out was when they would rub my hair and say my b*lls itch. Hilarious right?!?

It wasn't until after I graduated high school that I found mousse and my hair life changed. I had curls. And they were defined and no longer frizzy and I started liking my hair.

I did relaxing my hair in my early thirties (and even then I didn't lose my curl) but I didn't like the upkeep. I find that I am really low maintenance and like to keep things simple. Now I'm more concerned with the health of my hair. Of course I like it to look good too.

I like that when people describe me to others they refer to me as the girl with curly hair. It's part of who I am and I love my curls now...most of the time .
3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM

Last edited by *Angela*; 08-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.