Again, jilli, I love your blog. Its really great stuff and so well done. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

A side note, Paula Begoun (from cosmetics cop) claims that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is gentle and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is harsh. She claims they are vastly different. Not sure what I think about that right about now, so don't ask me lol.

This is a quote from the last paragraph of her article on SLS's

"That's not to say that sodium lauryl sulfate isn't a potent skin irritant, because it is (but sodium laureth sulfate is not because it has a different chemical structure that results in a gentler cleansing agent), and it's (sodium lauryl sulfate) considered a standing comparison substance for measuring skin irritancy of other ingredients. In scientific studies when they want to establish whether or not an ingredient is problematic for skin, they compare its effect to the results of SLS. In amounts of 2% to 5% it can cause irritating or sensitizing reactions in lots of people (Sources: European Journal of Dermatology, September-October 2001, pages 416-419; American Journal of Contact Dermatitis, March 2001, pages 2832)...."

taken from this article on her website www.cosmeticscop.com
Originally Posted by goobernut
Thank you, goobernut!

As for the SLSes, I've read that elsewhere, so I think there's probably some truth to it. But I'm avoiding both anyway, just because it's simpler!
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo