I don't think I've ever had a stylist who was able to style my hair curly to my satisfaction and without my hair ending up a ball of poof. With that said I think having a stylist that can give you a good cut and knows you and your hair so well is much more important than one that can style your hair but may or may not give you a good cut.

Being that you have such a long-term relationship with her have you ever brought your styling products with you to an appointment and demonstrated how you style? Maybe if you show her the products and techniques that work on your hair she would be able to learn the best way to style your hair. I know my biggest problem when I get my hair styled is the stylist not realizing how much product I actually need...which is LOTS...to contain my curls!

At my last hair appointment...my first since going CG...I brought along the Curly Girl book and noted the NC.com site as well as the LiveCurlyLiveFree.com site to give to my stylist. She was very interested in learning about the CG method and even though she normally cuts me wet she did as I asked and cut me dry curl by curl. I ended up with a great cut. I think being able to communicate your wants and having an open-minded stylist is the key to a good cut and style.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM