Spider Weby Frizz--This frizz looks like a web of individual hairs separated, mainly on the surface, and are laying across the surface of the hair in places they don't belong. The number and density of hairs who are individually separated and laying separate from their curl-homes determines the intensity of this type of frizz. The cause can be multi-facetted but includes not enough hold, wind, naps, and ionic charges on the hair being too similar one to another so the hairs repel from each other.

I am a little confused...could this frizz be caused or made worse by using an ionic hair dryer?

Thanks,
Jennie
Originally Posted by jen4you
Good question...I should have been more specific. Ionic hair dryers aren't the issue. Some products (ISO, Joico, and several other Zotos brands are forthright about using this technology) ionically charge their ingredients to have a positive charge so that negative-charged hair attracts their products, in theory, creating more evenly healthy-acting hair. However, when all the hairs next to each other have the same charge, like repels like and spider weby frizz is created.

Ionic hair dryers, from what I've read, don't leave ion charges on the hair.