I've been modified-CG for a couple months and it's been great....but, I finally saw a dermatologist for problems I've been having (which predates CG by many months, so it wasn't that!), and part of the treatment is to try using a prescription shampoo 2-3 times a week. Problem is - there are sulfates in it. But I have to use it, at least for a while.

So my question is, if you *had* to use sulfates, how would you minimize damage otherwise? A deep conditioner? switch to a more moisturizing conditioner? ....???

Right now my product routine is:
about 2x a week, I shampoo with a low-poo (Giovanni TTTT), then use a conditioner (right now I switch between Giovanni 50:50, Samy Essencia white lotus and nettle, and Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine). Out of the shower, I use HETT gel or mousse.
2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.

Last edited by KeLynn; 08-24-2009 at 01:20 PM.