Thank you for the explanation on Jane Eyre, Sairis. I'll be honest. I read it pretty quickly the first time because I wanted to know what was going to happen. So, I didn't absorb many of the details as much I would have liked. I'll probably read it again soon and will keep your comments in mind.

Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy = drool. I really love Pride & Prejudice. I realize that my original post sounded more like I was complaining. But wouldn't we all love the happy ending with the handsome rich dude?

And Sairis, I know you've said how you're much more of an introvert, but I hope you don't end up like Lucy. You deserve better than to be in the background. And with a frustratingly ambiguous ending.
Originally Posted by LoloDSM
Heh, thanks Lolo. I hope you get around to reading Jane Eyre again and enjoy Rochester a bit more. He's not everyone's cup of tea, but I find him quite romantic. And I do love Bronte's juxtaposition of the moral, proper, well-intentioned St. John who is incapable of showing true feeling and is outright cold towards a woman who loves him because she doesn't quite fit with his "higher" goals and the passionate, propriety-be-damned Rochester.