I was looking to try AOWC after my bottle of HR runs out. I was excited to see it in this thread, but when I went to the AO website, the description reads:
Tame unruly hair with this ultra-smoothing shampoo. Protein-enriched, moisturizing formula strengthens as it protects against heat damage and breakage, restoring manageability for the look you want—whether it's silky, shiny lengths or soft, controlled curls.

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, White Camellia Oil, Wheat Germ Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).
My hair really hates proteins, so I think this might be a no-go . I'll repurchase AOHR next time
Originally Posted by Lucky Charm
All of the Aubrey Organics Conditioners have Wheat Germ Oil in them which is a protein and the only protein that I can see. But, I could be wrong. I acutally tried the AOWC (Wheat Germ Oil is 5th ingredient) this past week-end and loved it. However, today my scalp is seriously itching. Which is the affect certain proteins have on my scalp. I will add this one to the list. I am going to try adding Tea Tree EO to it to see if it would help because this is the BEST conditioner I have used in my life. Not even exaggerating.

Only thing I can see is maybe it AOWC has more Wheat Germ Oil than the other condishes???? Just to give ingredients of the most popular condishes!

AOHR (Wheat Germ Oil is 4th ingredient)
INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Shea Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile, Yarrow, Chrysanthemum, Angelica, Forsythia and Magnolia; Honeysuckle Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey’s Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

AO Island Naturals (Wheat Germ Oil is 3rd ingredient)
INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Wheat Germ Oil, Almond Protein; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Coconut Milk, Jojoba Butter, Organic Shea Butter, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Rosemary Oil, Pimenta Leaf Oil, Allspice Powder, Organic Sage Oil, Carrot Oil.
Originally Posted by NaturallyCurlyEnnovy

Hmmm, that's interesting. According to the CurlChemist article a few months ago....."oils used in cosmetics and personal care products should contain no more than trace amounts of protein, if any at all."

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlre...wheat-germ-oil

So if it's not the wheat germ oil that makes the AWOC "Protein-enriched," then what else could it be?
3a (protein sensitive)
Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
Conditioners: CJCR, CK Renew
Leave-in: CJCR, CJ Smoothing LI, CK Satin Roots
Stylers: HEBE, CJPP
Deep Conditioner: CJCR
Standby items:GVP K-Pak

Last edited by Jusduit; 09-01-2009 at 03:24 AM. Reason: spelling