I don't even tip my servers less that 20%! Stylists pay for an education to start and continuing education to maintain their knowledge. A good one gets up to 25% from me!

If I don't pay AND reward where is her incentive to stay in the business and excel at what she/he does? I hate to imagine how may potentially great stylists quit the business because they couldn't make a living or had to put up with one person too many who thought their great hair cut wasn't worth a decent tip!

My stylists have stuck with me, fit me in when they didn't really have time, listened to my complaints about life and celebrated with me too! Shoot, I left my analyst when my nail tech was giving me the same advice! She actually saved me a bunch of money!

I don't begrudge anyone the money owed to them. I wouldn't want to be treated that way in my chosen profession. If I could style my own hair as well as my stylist I wouldn't pay a professional to do it but I can't. Bottom line: I find good professionals and I pay them for their services.
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Picasa:
Link
Deva Low Poo
Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi