And the history of tipping is that it was set up to insure proper service, which is where t.i.p.s. came from. Originally people were tipped out before they preformed said service. This gave them an idea at what level they were to perform. Based on what they were tipped out at the beginning.
Originally Posted by iroc
I had to check Snopes.com to see whether TIPS was an acronym, and unfortunately according to their site, it just isn't true--it's basically an online rumor. Sorry!
Originally Posted by lazykerri

Although there is a definite possibility that the information is false, I learned that back when I took tips certification back in '95, before there even was such a thing as an "online".

eta: also wanted to add that I have never NOT tipped a service person for helping me out, especially if they take their job seriously and are willing to assist me.

Just in case I was giving off a weird vibe. I would never request such service if I wasn't able to afford a gratuity at the time.
Originally Posted by iroc

Um, I've been using the internet since '93, and I am certainly no 'early adopter' of things technological - I only started using it then because it was becoming widely used within my company. All those stupid "information superhighway" commercials were already on TV by '93. I've been doing most of my shopping on-line since '95. All this to say that on-line was already pretty well established by 1995.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett